All sessions are offered at no cost.
Talking to Teens and Young Adults About Cannabis: What Parents Need to Know
11:45 AM - 1:00 PM
Drawing from the research on cannabis use and youth, Dr. Goldstein will:
1) Highlight key issues for understanding the impact of cannabis use on teen mental health and development; and
2) Provide practical recommendations for how parents can navigate conversations about cannabis use with their teens.
I'm so Stressed! Understanding and Managing Anxiety and Mental Health Issues *Also Availalbe as a Webinar*
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
This presentation will address anxiety and how it arises in our brains, mind and heart. We will learn that anxiety does a good job of pretending to be our friend, when in reality it robs us of the very things we are looking for. We will use a simple Mindfulness process to look at daily worries (friends, academics, transition to adulthood) and how to ensure that anxiety does not get in the way of progress and growth. This presentation will include lots of time for questions as we go along. It will be practical and solution focused.
1. Describe how and why anxiety arises in the Mind.
2. Describe how our usual ways of reacting to anxiety are not useful.
3. Describe a simple Mindfulness process for responding to anxiety in helpful ways.
4. Learn practical strategies for immediate use in responding rather than reacting to anxiety.
5. Understanding the role of Medications in ASD and related diagnoses.